A guest network uses a different SSID from the wireless network that you and your employees access. It's explicitly designed to provide visitors with Internet access while keeping your main Wi-Fi network separate and secure.
The management route is the same on both the Mercku M2 and the Mercku M6.
For the Mercku app:
- Open the Mercku app on your device
- Select Settings > Guest Wi-Fi
- Enable “Guest Wi-Fi”
For the Mercku portal:
- Visit http://mywifi.mercku.tech, and log in using your Router Admin Password
- Select Settings > Select Guest Wi-Fi> Click the toggle to enable Guest Wi-Fi
Once Guest Wi-Fi is enabled, you will be able to create an isolated SSID from your own network will be able to set the following functions:
- Active Time: you can put a limit to the amount of time the guest wi-fi is active
- Wi-Fi name: personalize the name of your guest wi-fi network
- Encryption: no password entry required if ‘Open’ is selected. Choose ‘WPA, WPA2, WPA/WPA2, WPA3(M6 applicable)’ to set a Wi-Fi password for your guest network.
- Smart Connect: can be enabled for your guest network.
Article is closed for comments.