In this article, we'll show how to quickly add a new Mercku M6a Router to your existing M6a Wi-Fi network.
Our M6 series includes the M6, the M6a and the M6a Plus. At this time we cannot mesh the devices outside their series e.g. the M6 can only mesh with another M6 and the M6a can only mesh with another M6a etc.
There are three different ways to add an M6 node to your existing mesh network:
Method 1: Using Quick Connect Feature
1. Plug in the power to the M6a Node and wait until the LED indicator is orange
2. Press the "Connect" button on the main M6 router (Gateway) to start pairing mode - the LED should start blinking Orange
3. Press the "Connect" button on the M6a node to start Node pairing mode - the LED should start blinking Blue
Wait a moment until both M6a's connect automatically - once the M6a node meshes, you'll see its LED indicator become white.
Method 2: Mesh via Mercku App
Click on the “+” on the right top corner of the page.
Select the "Add a node option" option
Plug in the M6a node - the indicator light on the front will start off as red, then orange
4. Press the "Connect" button on the M6a node until the indicator light blinks blue.
5. Follow the interactive, on-screen instructions to complete the setup, and wait for the M6a node to be added. When the M6a nodes are meshing, you will see an animation of this activity - please wait for 1 minute until the "Successfully added" message appears.
6. Go back to the homepage and click on the Wi-Fi point to see the new node added to the network.
Method 3: Mesh via Mercku Web Portal
- Make sure your computer is connected to the Mercku Wi-Fi Network
- From a Web Browser, open http://mywifi.mercku.tech, and log in using your Router Admin Password
- On the homepage, click on Add a node > Start
- Plug-in the power to the M6a node - the indicator light on the front will show red light at first, then turn orange.
- Press the Connect button on the M6a node until the indicator light blinks in blue, follow the instructions in the App, and wait for about 1 minute for the M6a node to be added.
- When the nodes are meshing, an animation of this activity will show up, please wait for 1 minute until the "Successfully added" message appears.
- Go back to the homepage and click on the Wi-Fi point to see the new node added to the network.
Yay - now you've added an M6a Mesh node to your WiFi Network 🎉